Our pre-eminent adaptive yoga teacher training is based upon the unique experience of our Founder Matthew Sanford, an award-winning author, nationally renowned yoga teacher, and paraplegic for the last 35 years.
Our goal: We want a skillful adaptive yoga teacher in every community.
Begin your Opening Yoga training with a Level I/II full week course. Then further your studies with our newest offering; an Advanced Studies week-long immersion. See links at right. In addition, you also have the option for additional home study under the mentorship of MBS faculty. Learn how to earn your Opening Yoga Instructor (OYI) Certificate here!
These trainings are held exclusively at our yoga studio in St. Louis Park, MN and we have welcomed students from around the world! For further questions, email: email@example.com
Benefits of training with us…
- The ability to teach all students, including people living with trauma, loss, disability, mental illness, PTSD, and the elderly.
- A deepening of your own practice as well as a transformation how you teach both “traditional” and “non-traditional” students.
- 32 Continuing Education hours if you are a certified teacher of Yoga Alliance.
- Access to our Opening Yoga to Everyone private Facebook group and ongoing resources
Topics covered include…
- Teaching the Experience of a Pose
- Adapting Standing, Seated, Inverted, and Restorative Poses
- The Art of Adjusting
- Planning, Sequencing, and Observing an Adaptive Class
What our Trainees Say…
“Every time I attend an MBS training, I learn more and experience yoga on a level I never would have thought possible. It truly is Practical Magic and I am ever grateful that my yoga path has led to MBS.” Janit Buccella
“As a yoga teacher living and teaching through the lens of her own disabilities, I was deeply inspired by Matthew, his Level 1 training and the entire MBS team. Matthew’s beautiful teachings remind me it’s not only right, but necessary to teach yoga how I know it and from the depth of my heart.” Laura DeSpain Olmsted
“Life changing training, not only as a yoga teacher and mental health professional but also as an individual. You won’t regret the impact this training will have on yourself and others around. Sign up already!” Jennifer Del Castillo