To earn the OYI Certificate, candidates must complete the following under the guidance of a senior MBS faculty mentor:
- Attendance at the Opening Yoga Level I/II Combination Workshop.
- Reflective written commentary on Matthew Sanford’s book, Waking: A Memoir of Trauma and Transcendence.
- Reflections on the DVD, Beyond Disability, A Yoga Practice with Matthew Sanford
- Participation in the Opening Yoga Facebook group.
- Student project with an Adaptive Yoga student in your community, mentored by Mind Body Solutions senior faculty.
- Scheduled check-ins with your faculty mentor to discuss concepts, review lesson plans and receive feedback.
Who should participate in this program?
Yoga teachers certified at the 200-500 hour level, Certified Yoga Therapists, or professional healthcare providers are eligible for the OYI Certificate Program. Candidates in the process of obtaining their yoga teaching certification are also eligible to obtain the OYI Certificate, which will be conferred upon completion of training.
Prerequisite: Attendance at the Opening Yoga Level I/II Combination workshop.
Please note: The Opening Yoga Instructor Certificate program is not a formal certification program. It is a continuing education offering for those who wish to join a supportive community of teachers exploring the mind-body connection and learning together.
Cost for the OYI Certificate Program: $495
To learn more or to register for the OYI Certificate Program, contact email@example.com