Class descriptions for traditional students
- Iyengar Style Yoga: Based on the teachings of Sri B.K.S. Iyengar, this method of yoga emphasizes precision, alignment and the use of props
- Hatha Yoga: Deepen the connection between your mind and body. Learn yoga poses with an emphasis on breathing, physical awareness and relaxation.
- Anusara Style Yoga: This method focuses on integrating principles of alignment, inner body awareness and playful celebration of the heart.
- Gentle: Introduces fundamental yoga postures while focusing on alignment and precision. Intended for people concerned with the demands and pace of a regular yoga class. Beginners are also welcome.
- Restful: For students of all levels who are seeking a restful way to release tension and ease pain using a variety of supported poses.
- Yoga for Seniors: A gentle form of yoga that is often practiced while sitting in a chair or standing using a chair for support.
- Intro Series: Four-week course introduces the fundamentals of yoga. We recommend this course as the best way to begin your study of yoga.
- Beginning: Provides an introduction to basic poses and principles of alignment.
- Intermediate: For students with some yoga experience who are ready for more challenging poses and concepts.
- Intro to Iyengar Yoga: A 6-week series meant for those students new to Iyengar yoga. The class will build on poses each week starting with beginning standing poses, twists, and forward extensions.
Mixed Levels: Open to all students. For anyone with at least a basic knowledge of yoga.