What can I expect in a traditional yoga class?
- An hour to 90-minute session in which you will do a variety of poses.
- Your instructor will teach you to use props such as blankets, blocks and belts.
How do I start? Do I need to pre-register?
- You do not need to pre-register for any of our traditional classes. Just show up ten minutes prior to class and complete a waiver.
- If you are new to yoga, you can begin with an Intro Series or Beginning class, but we recommend the Intro Series as the best place to begin.
How should I prepare for class?
- Wear comfortable clothing. Most people wear shorts or leggings and a t-shirt. Yoga is usually practiced in bare feet.
- While our studio is equipped with yoga mats, we recommend you bring your own.
- Please do not eat a full meal for two hours before class.
- Inform your instructor of any health issues or if you are menstruating.
Can I come to class if I have physical limitations?
- We offer a Gentle and a Restful class for those concerned with the demands of a regular yoga class.
- If you have health issues, inform the instructor before taking any class. Our teachers may decide participation in a traditional class is not appropriate for you.
- If you live with a mobility disability, we offer adapted classes.
- We also recommend you receive medical clearance from your doctor.
Can I come to class if I am pregnant?
- If you do not have prior yoga experience, our Intro Series or Gentle class would be best for you.
- If you are experiencing complications, we do not recommend you take yoga classes.
- Inform the instructor of your condition.
Still have questions? Email email@example.com.