Integrating Yogic Principles in the Delivery of Healthcare
A weekend workshop for Healthcare Providers from Matthew Sanford and Mind Body Solutions
How is this different from our Level I Adapting Yoga for Disability workshop?
We have designed this workshop to teach the principles of yoga with less emphasis on the poses and more on practical application to one’s professional practice and personal life. This weekend is about improving mind-body interactions in all contexts, on transforming the therapeutic relationship between caregiver and client, and applying this in a healthcare setting. In this way, both the client and the caregiver are nourished. Clients have improved outcomes and caregivers are more effective and engaged.
Prepare for a weekend of exploration and inquiry as you learn and practice how the ancient principles of yoga can be applied and used immediately in your professional practice. Topics will include the mind body nature of disability, how utilizing a holistic approach nourishes both the client and the caregiver, teaching the experience of a pose, establishing compassionate boundaries, principles of alignment, subtle sensations in the body, resistance to change in the current healthcare model, and self-practice.
Ample time will be spent in the learning and practice of techniques that will be immediately applicable in the healthcare setting. Time will also be directed toward establishing a personal practice so providers will understand the effect of the principles they will be using in the clinical setting.
No yoga experience is required. Please wear comfortable clothing and plan to remove shoes in the studio.
- Describe how the incorporation of yogic principles into one’s professional practice leads to improved patient outcomes.
- Recognize that yogic principles improve therapeutic relationships, resulting in benefits for both clients and caregivers.
- Demonstrate how to integrate yogic mind body techniques into your professional and personal practice.
- Identify the challenges to implementation in the current healthcare environment and ways to effectively integrate new practices.
Continuing Education Requirements:
This workshop has been designed to meet the MN Board of Nursing and the MN Board of Social Work continuing education requirements.
- This course has been approved for continuing education hours by the following:
- MN Board of Physical Therapy, Category 1, 16.5 hours
- MN Board of Marriage and Family Therapy, 16.6 hours
- MN Board of Behavioral Health and Therapy, 16.5 hours
- MN Board of Psychology, 16.5 hours
- Friday afternoon session
- 1:00 to 4:00pm – Four Realms of Mind-Body Interaction
- 4:00pm to 4:30pm – Break
- 4:30pm to 6:00pm – Realizing Subtle Sensation Grounding, Expansion, Balance, and Rhythm
9am to 11am – The Science Behind the Mind-Body Approach, Challenges of the Existing Healthcare Model
- 11:00pm to 12:30pm – Lunch on your own
- 12:30pm to 2:30pm Interactive practice session – Moving it Toward the Practical
- 2:30pm to 3:00pm Break
- 3:00pm to 5:30pm – Panel Discussions with Patients and Caregivers
- 9am to 10:15am – Mind-body yoga practice
- 10:15am to noon – Strategies – Bringing it to the Workplace
- Noon to 1:00pm – Light lunch (provided) with adaptive students
- 1:00pm to 3pm – Assisting in an Adaptive Class, Closing discussion
- Enroll Now! Cost: $495 ($445 for Mind Body Approach to Trauma Workshop Participants)
- Early Bird Registration – Register 60 days prior to the workshop and take $25 off full tuition. Groups of 3 or more receive $50 off per participant. Discounts cannot be combined. Space is limited. Pre-registration is required.
- Prices do not include lodging or meals.
- Workshop location: Mind Body Solutions Studio: 17516 Minnetonka Boulevard, Minnetonka, MN 55345 see map. MBS strives to provide an accessible learning
environment for all. Please contact email@example.com if you need special accommodations.
Cancellation Policy: All refund requests must be made in writing to MBS. A refund, minus a $100 processing fee will be made for requests by the first day of the workshop.